Data security as standard
With Lobster Pictures, you can rest assured that your data is in safe hands. We believe data security should come as standard, no matter the project.
Installing a Lobster Pot time lapse camera on your site comes with the peace of mind that:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) is used to restrict access to systems, adhering to industry best practices, including specific users for each function (with least privilege), multi-factor authentication and regular reviews of our security practices.
- All images are transmitted to our systems over a VPN (Virtual Private Network) secured with industry standard 128 bit AES encryption.
- All servers are fully firewall protected, fully patched and maintained. The Lobster Vision website itself is protected with 128bit AES encryption over SSL (depending on the browser), ensuring that password entry and images cannot be intercepted.
- Your data is stored in the cloud - on Amazon Web Services (AWS) - which is located within the EU for data storage. This is compliant with the following security standards: EU-US Privacy Shield, Compliant GDPR DPA, CISPE Code of Conduct, ISO 27017, ISO 27018, SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, PCI DSS Level 1 and BSI C5.
- Strict policies and procedures are in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach.